Yesterday morning a friend and I made a very last minute decision to visit Edinburgh this half term. Booked flights last night and fly up on Monday. I'm ashamed to say that, despite having travelled round the world, I've never been to Scotland. Have been busy downloading city guide apps, but if any one knows of any great places to visit while I'm there, please let me know!
1 comment:
Debbie, I haven't been to Edinburgh for years but always loved going there. Not sure where you will be staying but there is so much to see in and around the centre with the station at the foot of the Castle mount. Last time I stayed in a hotel in the Grasmarket (sp? - one of the places Burke & Hare plied their trade) which is quite close to the castle and also Greyfriars churchyard - there is a statue of Greyfriars Bobby the little dog that Disney made a film about. Lots of shops along & off of Princes St at the foot of the castle and that is also where Scott's monument is. So many things to see and take photos of. If you get the chance go on one of the evening Ghost walks - the one I went on was very good at telling you about the history of various parts of the city and very atmospheric. There is the tartan factory, the whiskey factory, Edinburgh Cut glass. A short train ride from Waverley Station you can get to North Berwick and walk along the most wonderful sweep of beach.
Have a wonderful time - I'm sure you will find that there just isn't enough time to do everything which will give you an excuse to go back another time.
Toni :o)
Post a Comment