Monday, April 21

Gogo again

A very chilled first day back at school, if you don't count the fact that some of our laptops wouldn't talk to the new server and everything defaulted to one printer! Fortunately it's all sorted now! (Thanks Charlol!!)

I started this LO yesterday afternoon and when I went to bed decided that I really needed to finish it. The picture was taken at my cousin's wedding a few years ago. It's me, my dad and my eldest nephew. It was rare to get my dad and I in the same photo as one of us was usually behind the camera. Sadly he is no longer with us, so this is very special to me. I used the Scrapagogo April kit almost exclusively. The only extra is the brown DCWV on the title. I don't usually do anything so patterned, but the colours and the patterns go so well together. At one stage I had some journalling on the sheet using Doodlebug alphabet stickers but, much as I love them, they looked too modern so I went for the stickers from the kit. As usual the old robo came out for the title. I love this Harrington font. 

May have a break from scrapping tonight as I've got school stuff to do. On the other hand, having found some photos of me that I like (they are few and far between), I really want to get on with my 'Me' album! I've got until my big birthday in August to finish it so that I can move on to charting the next 50 years!

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Lovely LO and how great to have this photo of you and your dad together.

Charlol said...

Love the LO it's perfect and everything ties together really well. I wish I had sorted all the computers but I had lots of help. Am off to sort TT on computer woohoo after playing on my blog that is...

Inspiration Alley said...

Fabulous layout and a really lovely reminder of good times spent with your dad.

mandijane said...

I'm loving the gogo april kit too and this LO is great...

Helen said...

Lovely LO. Not sure if I have any pics of me with my Dad.

Jazzy1972 said...

I love this layout, I love the sentiment in generation layouts and it gives a warm feeling and makes you think about your own family to. Fab

Cass said...

Lovely photo and gorgeous LO.

Cass xx