We had a great day of excitement yesterday! There was a special event to commemorate the the renovation of the Edwardian Clock Tower in Surbiton. I took 17 of my Year 6 pupils to join the combined school choir, and to watch as Prince Edward unveiled a plaque. The choir sang 'When father papered the parlour' and 'My Grandfather's Clock', before having the chance to speak to the Prince as he walked amongst them, talking with them.Once the ceremony was over, we headed off for a picnic lunch with Punch and Judy show and different musical acts. To make the day even more special, one of my pupils won an art competition linked to the event and was awarded her prize by the mayor.
4 comments:
What a lovely day for the children.
Toni :o)
I bet she was thrilled to bits to have won!! I wish I had had a teacher like you...your pupils must love you for all the fab stuff you do with them! Tired hugs (Belles been up all night!) Em.x
Well done our yr 6's. Welcome Debz to the exploding side. Mind you I think you need to explode at more people to catch up! Hope your chocolate is yummy! My cocktail was very good and chocolatey as well as the wine etc. Now slightly squffy trying to blog back! Even moved onto a beach party, Help!
What a lovely day, bet the kids loved it.
Post a Comment