Week 2 of Shimelle's class is floating around in the ether waiting for me to find the time to take the photos and find the images on the internet that sum up my inspirations and aspirations.
However in week 1 we had a little extra task in the shape of a Travel Quest - a quick trek round the internet to find maps, pictures and informations about where we are and where we'd like to go.

I began by opening up the prompt pdf and added the images to it digitally - not something I'll do again with the software I've got - or rather not got!! It took ages as I couldn't alter the position of items once I'd clicked enter on the keyboard! I chose New York as my destination and although I'd like to cruise flying proved to be a much cheaper option!
I then printed it out and decided to scrap it. I had a piece of silvery grey card with a lump cut out of one corner and a half piece of navy card which had suffered the same fate! A bit of glue later and I had a two tone 12x12 sheet. I had enough black stickers for the word 'travel' but not for 'quest' so after a bit of trial and error I used Marvy LePlume pens in blue, which I didn't like so I then covered that using Sakura glitter pens and then sloshed Glossy Accents on the top for an epoxy sticker look!!
6 comments:
Debz the lettering looks great. i love what you have done with the pens and glaze. they look fab!! I wouldn't mind a shopping trip to New York myself. Let me know if you're planning one I might come alng for the ride, think of all that stash we could buy ;)
Hi Debbie! This looks amazing...I love the way its been laid out and the blue is fabby!
great photos and info . my In laws have just come back from a 3 week cruise to new york and back staying in new york on 4th july ...jammie dodgers ey ??? Hope you get to do your dream travel xxx
love the lettering looks like the letters you would pay money for... Reminds me of New York I sooooo miss it. :(
Those letters look great Debs. The glaze looks amazing! New York - the only place in the world that I would revisit before I see it all - I love New York X
Super LO - love those pics. Think if I ever won the lottery New York would be high on my list of shopping destinations.
Toni :o)
Post a Comment