Following a conversation on UKS with my fellow CJers, I discovered that you could get coloured bookrings!! Woohoo! I've only just found out what book rings are and now they're coloured!! Well, having decided that I MUST have coloured book rings, I asked the girls where to get them and they came up with Craft Central. A quick Google and I'd found a store in the garden centre at Syon Park (about 30 mins away). I persuaded a friend that this was a matter of life and death and so away we went. Great journey, no traffic, lunch on the garden centre and then off to do craft shopping. Well, not quite - there is no longer a Craft Central at Syon Park!! All the signs were there but no shop!! So we went for a walk around the garden of Syon House instead and I took some photos, so here are a few. (Funny how now that I'm blogging my camera goes everywhere with me!)
Syon House

The conservatory - full of plants and sound equipment! There must have been an event of some sort happening later!

This was the lake I walked round!

We saw this heron with something in it's mouth. Whatever it was, was still wriggling!! It looked eel like! Heron then flew off across the lake and still had the wriggling thing in it's mouth when it got to the other side!! Me - I'd rather have an ice-cream - and I did!!!

11 comments:
Gorgeous photos.Looks like you had a nice day even if the craft shop was AWOL.
Cass xxx
Dispite the lack of craft shop. it looks like you had a nice afternoon.
Great Photos. I'll bet the Herron enjoyed his lunch! Shame about the absent craft shop though!
haha at the coloured book rings im addicted to them and have all the junkitz collection! love the photos really stricking x
wow amazing pics.
as to Russell Tovey. I met him ( & Harry Lloyd who was alos in Doctor Who as "Son of Mine") when he was doing a play at Thetre Royal , Haymarket. He was gorgeous & really , really lovely. Wanted to pick him up & bring him home!! lol
Fab photos Debs XXX
Debbie
I have lots of coloured book rings - bought in Craftology which Cass knows well. If you pm your address I will send you some!!! I now have a BIA and have lots of coloured binding wires which I havent used either....
Lovely photos!
Love the photos. Looks like you suffered by eating icecream lol.
There is a craft central site with all the shops listed without syon park. I did check with them that the ones in Surrey still are there. Not that I am trying to tempt you or anything.
Sorry you didn't get to wander round a craft shop LOL but it looks like you had a great time - love the photos.
Toni :o)
wow you live near some lovely places!!
Hello from Lord Tim the calm of London by the bow.
I got rid of the craft central as it attracted to many wierd people to my gaf,Im glad u had a little walk around my garden thou
Post a Comment