Wednesday, June 25

Pink Petticoat Party

As I'm celebrating a big birthday in August I thought I'd really better send out the invites to my birthday bash! I've hired my school and a having a bbq. I did the same for my 40th and it was great success. 
I needed to be able to mass produce an invite quickly so I downloaded the Pink Petticoat Doodleicious collection and off I went! I had some square pearlised cards from QVC and after a bit of a false start where I couldn't get the Mac to do borderless printing, I found the right drop down menu and printed a lilac background. Then the jolly old CraftRobo came into play. I'd printed the multi coloured flowers pattern onto glossy photo paper and also the plain purple background, so all I needed to do was cut a small 50 on the patterned and a larger on on the plain and stick them together. It took slightly longer than I'd hoped as the cutting mat lost it's stick so I had to go and buy some repositionable spray mount before I could finish.
I printed the details straight onto the card already so all I had to do was pop them in the pre-addressed envelopes and voila!!
I'm just sorry that you won't be getting one in the post!!

7 comments:

misteejay said...

Super card Debbie - love the colours.

Toni :o)

~Emma~ said...

LOL!! I can't believe you are not sending one to all of us in blog land!! (God can you imagine the chaos we would all cause!)
These are a brilliant idea and they look stunning! Hugs Emma.x

Unknown said...

very nice - is everyone wearing pink petticoats then??

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Gorgeous invites, lovely and summery - hope you have a fab party

Charlol said...

Looks fantastic! Will I get one??? Or are they for family and people who don't work with you?
Don't mean for it to sound like I need one if you haven't by the way ;)
Had a bad evening today!:(

Unknown said...

Fantastic - I love them - you clever girlie you X

Anonymous said...

Yes its lovely. I must agree with my new friend bean that I will look forward to recieving mine to.