Sunday, June 29

Metal rules!

For years I have been using a selection of plastic rulers for my crafting. After a number of accidents with my craft knife, they have become very scratched and damaged with lumps cut out of them. 
I was shopping in Wilkinsons on Saturday and I found a steel ruler for a ridiculous price!
So now I am the proud owner of a lovely, sturdy. cut proof ruler and am enjoying cutting straight lines again! Isn't it amazing how some so simple can make all the difference!


7 comments:

Paige said...

Becareful won't you!!! I stopped using blades and ruler after my blade "jumped" up on to my steel ruler and sliced into my fingers! I don't think it was the steel rulers fault ;) but i use a trimmer now :) much safer for someone like me :)

Unknown said...

i love the fact you are so pleased with your metal ruler you are blogging in the middle of the night!!!

misteejay said...

I went to my very first crop/workshop armed with a metal ruler only to find that all the project measurements were in inches and my rule was in cm. So that is now tucked in the tote purely for use as a cutting edge and I'm back using my trusty clear plastic ones for everything else - I like being able to see through to the project underneath. Have never used the plastic ones for cutting as I know I would end up minus a finger...or two.

Toni :o)

Charlol said...

Not more straight lines 'roll eyes' lol!
Don't forget tips and techniques next week too! I bought some white and black card for the crafty robo! Am off to tidy house and craft room and I know I will be distracted!

~Emma~ said...

LOL! You are so much like me...its the little things in life that please us!! LOL!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend...can't believe what time you were blogging!!! Hugs Emma.x

Tracy said...

I use a plastic one for measuring an a steel one for cutting, after I found the plastic one getting lumpy. Do have a trimmer too, but often dont want to cut into a whole piece of pp for a little block. Love the puppets by the way

Jay said...

I love my steel ruler, but mine has a groove to protect your fingers if the knife does slip.