Saturday was a chilled day with just a short shopping expedition to buy chocolate! I'm sorry but UK Toblerones just aren't the same as the Swiss ones!
On Sunday morning was the Confirmation service. All of the young people involved took some part in the service. Benjamin was partly responsible for the Powerpoint slide presentation, showing highlights from a visit to Salzburg, which was part of their confirmation course. Of course everything was in Swiss German so I understood very little of it! However the young people did sing 'We are the World', so I could understand that!
After the service there was a band playing outside while the group photos were taken.
Back home for a short break and more photos. By this time Benjamin had a touch of 'I'm sixteen-itis' and didn't want photos taken and then ripped off his tie and went off to change his shirt!!
We then went back down to the lakeside to a restaurant for lunch - massive pizzas!! The food fest continued back at home afterwards with Strawberry cake, to celebrate Swiss grandma's 82nd birthday.
Despite an unwilling subject, my sister and I took loads of picture and so I now need to get scrapping. Watch this space!

7 comments:
I hope you will also share some photos of Switzerland as it must be beautiful. And boy has your nephew grown!
Switzerland for the weekend sounds good to me! Love the photo of you and your nephew, the green backdrop is perfect.
Sounds like you had a fantastic time.
what a lovely weekend you had! wish i had some toblerone here.....
You have just reminded me about my confirmation... ny name is Nicholas, afetr the patron saint of children.... sounds like you have been busy.. xxx do you ever stop? xxxx
No she's always busy even at work!!!! Good to see you back Debz and I am awaiting some Toblerone ;)lol
What a fabulous picture - glad you had a good time X
Post a Comment