Friday, August 8

Best birthday!

Firstly, a huge thank you to everyone for their birthday wishes yesterday. I was very touched that so many people stopped by and left a comment.
Well, how did I spend my day - beachy or castley??
The weather when we left home was foul, so we thought we'd go castley and headed towards the M25. Our first port of call was Hever Castle, the childhood home of Anne Boleyn. It is one of my favourite places to visit. I love the whole look of the building and there is loads to look at. Fortunately by the time we'd arrived the rain had stopped. We went round the castle, walked through the Italian garden and sat by the lake.
Our next port of call was Chartwell, home of Sir Winston Churchill. We walked through some beautiful water gardens to get to it. The grounds are fabulous. The house was fascinating as some of its history is within my life time so I can remember bits of it. 
The day ended with a meal at a local restaurant and the biggest piece of fish I've ever seen!! I didn't actually manage to eat it all and had no room for dessert!!
I had a brilliant day and today am getting ready for the next two parts of the celebrations - the barbecue on Saturday and the trip to DisneyLand Paris on Sunday! 
I shall now be away from Blogland until next Friday, but I will be back with millions of photos and lots of scrapping to catch up with! Have a great week!

10 comments:

Rhona said...

So glad you had such a great day. You were in our neck of the woods, Hever and Chartwell are only about 20 - 30 minutes from here. I also love both places. It made me think it's about time to go to Hever again. Have a lovely day tomorrow and enjoy your holiday. Looking forward to seeing all the photos when you get back (and the layouts).

Paige said...

Looks like you had a great day!!! two houses in one day sounds perfect!!! I would have been in my element at both :)
Have a fab BBQ tomorro and enjoy Disney!!!

Charlol said...

Looks like you had a fab time! I have been to hever and can understand why its a favourite lovely setting and loads to see. Hope you are not too busy and enjoy your party, see you then ;)

Sue Jones said...

belated Happy Birthday !!
What a wonderful place to visit!
Glad you had a great day
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog :)

Rhona said...

Thanks for the comment. Let me know when you're bringing the children down - Forest Row is about 10 minutes from here. Perhaps we could get to meet?

misteejay said...

I love Hever too, it is one of the last places I took my niece before she ended up in a wheel chair. It rained but she insisted on going into the maze...boy was she muddy LOL.

Have a fab weekend and I look forward to all the pics.

Toni :o)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday ... Belated Birthday wishes XXX Glad you had a good time and are you sure you are Cinq-ty????? Vous est looking bon sur it XXX

jay670120 said...

oooh belated birthday greetings from me too x glad you had a nice day x
fab pics thanxs for sharing.

Macpurp said...

what beautiful pictures! sounds like you had a lovely day, hope the next two parts will be as good!
enjoy xx

MeandLilG said...

Hi! Glad you had a great day! Just popped by to say that there's something on my blog for you xxx