Wednesday, August 20

Birthday beads

For a little while now I have been toying with the idea of buying a troll bead bracelet. I was all set to get one and went shopping, only to find that the shop which sold them was closed for a couple of weeks. I had seen them on the internet but didn't really want to get one until I had seen it in the flesh!
Fortunately some of my lovely colleagues at school had listened to my ramblings and bought me some beads (the three middle ones in the photo). As I needed the bracelet I put in an internet order. 
In the meantime, I was shopping on Monday and saw that the jewellers was now open and was displaying loads of troll beads in the window!! So, birthday money in hand, I bought the two purple beads and the silver end stoppers - these stop all the beads from sliding around the bracelet!
Yesterday my bracelet arrived and so I was able to thread my beads and am now wearing it! It's a little long at the moment but as you add more beads the slack is gradually taken up!! Now I just need to find some occasions which will require me to celebrate by buying more beads!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

That looks lovely....similar thing happened with me , went to the shop and closed down ...gggrrr. wasnt happy but think ive found somewhere to get what i wanted now.
Like your new look. ;0)

jay670120 said...

yum yum must fish out my bracelet and take some pics too x

Rhona said...

That's really pretty. I haven't seen or heard of troll bracelets before. Hope you find a special occassion soon - you wouldn't want the bracelet to slip off your arm would you ;o)- could that be a special enough reason to buy another??

misteejay said...

Lovely beads Debbie. My bracelet is mainly blues and greens and I was lucky enough to get one of the fancy spacers that was actually called "Toni". I don't get to the shop very often as it is quite a drive from me and they don't always have many beads in stock but I think I will be considering a trip soon.

Toni :o)

Charlol said...

Well there is St Georges day and you can buy one for you on my birthday. In fact I could probably come up with loads of days you could celebrate ;)
By the way hopefully the painting is happening over the weekend and bank holiday! You haven't answered my PM :(

Cass said...

It looks really pretty. Love the colours.

Cass xxx