Barbecue day was wet, wet, wet!!!. The bouncy castle stood outside in the pouring rain, the barbecue was outside under a gazebo and everyone else was indoors!!! Despite the weather everything went well, although I didn't feel I had enough time to spend with my guests as I was running around sorting food and drink!!
Now, I am no cook and I had absolutely no idea how much food to buy for the barbecue, so my late evening trip to Tesco was a bit of a hit and miss affair!! I bought loads and loads! I didn't want a situation to arise where I ran out of food!!! Well, when it came to it there was probably enough food to have a whole second bbq the next day!! I sent some food home with guests and the rest we brought home and froze some, ate some and unfortunately had to throw some away because we weren't going to be around for a few days!! I still have about 10 huge bottles of soft drink to keep me going for several months!!!Now I'm back my next task is to make thank you cards, as I have been given lots of lovely presents. So I leave you with a picture of my birthday cake along with a picture of me as a baby!!! Everyone was very impressed that the colours of the cake were the same as the invitations, but I had to admit that it was sheer fluke!!


7 comments:
Hi, Welcome home! I did think about you when the weather was so rotten for your bbq. Glad it still went ok. The problem with being hostess and birthday girl is that you do still feel like you have to look after everyone else, maybe you should have put up a sign saying "Help yourselves!" ;o)
How was Disneyland? Did you have better weather there? Looking forward to seeing more photos!
Glad you had a good time inspite of the weather.
Lovely birthday cake - can't wait to see some of the pics.
Toni :o)
even through the rain it sounds as if you had a great BBQ.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! Welcome back it's great to "read" you again :) shame about the rain but it sounds like you had a Fab time anyway. Looking forward to seeing you and Julia in a week or two. Px
Hello stranger! So glad you had a great time though and your cake looks gorgeous! Really glad to have you back...and can't wait to see all the photos! Hugs Em.x
Sounds like you had a lovely Birthday!
cake is so pretty!
I always go over board with food I put out at bashes!
love tina xx
Welcome Home! Glad you had a good time ... the cake looks fab X
Post a Comment