
I'm off to Switzerland in a couple of weekends time for my nephew's confirmation. At the same time it is my sister's MILS's birthday. After several reminders to make her a card I decided to try to try to finish up my April Scrapagogo kit. It all began to go wrong when I didn't have a big enough piece of the yellow so had to join it. No problem - cover the join with ribbon! Then I realised that the pattern on the yellow wasn't straight! No problem - cover the wonky half with the lace cardstock. So far so good BUT I then realised I had no card, paper or embellishments of any kind which toned in with the card - except for 2 photo corners from the April kit. (I've now taken them off!!) I then found the silver Happy Birthday rub ons so used two - one on top of the other because the first lot lost a couple of letter ends! I decided to use the rose rub ons to decorate the lace card. Not a good idea as the surface was way too lumpy, and once having started I found I didn't have as many roses as I thought! I had to find another silver birthday set of rub ons, but these had different images! I also plonked on a couple of little flowers in the corner in an attempt to rescue it! I'm really not too happy with it, so it's up on my sideboard while I decide whether to send it or bin it! In some lights the rub ons seem to disappear and it's not too bad!! I'm setting up a poll so you can decide whether I send it or bin it. I will abide by the majority decision!
1 comment:
There are two ways of looking at this Debs - the finished card .... not my cup of tea, I admit .... but you are not sending it to me and it looks fine .... secondly .... the time and thought that went into it ..... You can see that by looking at it and as a recipient I would be delighted to receive it knowing that you took that much care over something you made XXX
With my second thought in mind .... I am voting for "send it"
Post a Comment