This LO is also my entry for this weeks 'MyTimeToCraft' challenge on the theme 'New Home' - or in my case - not so new home!
Wednesday, May 21
Card crafty!
I hate to throw anything away and so, along with hundreds of photos, I have kept cards from all different occasions in my life. I have my Christening and 1st birthday cards, 18th, 21st, 30th and 40th. Well, enough is enough, and when it came to sorting cards from my house move (which was three years ago!) I decided to take drastic action. I took my craft knife to them and cut 5cm squares of the main part of the card front and then did the same to the inside incorporating the name of the sender. I made a mosaic with card and sender squares next to each other and put embellishments in the spare squares. I still have a reminder of the cards I was sent, but I've also saved some space in my cupboard! The LO sits nicely at the back of my home album where I document all the changes I make to my house.
This LO is also my entry for this weeks 'MyTimeToCraft' challenge on the theme 'New Home' - or in my case - not so new home!
This LO is also my entry for this weeks 'MyTimeToCraft' challenge on the theme 'New Home' - or in my case - not so new home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
What a super idea.
Toni :o)
Thats a fab idea and a great space saver! I do have a few special card I've kept but others get made into little gift boxes x
What a great idea, I have a similar problem with cards I don't like to throw away but that seems a perfect way to sort and organise them. Thanks for the tip!
fab idea,looks lovely, i also have way too many old cards, may do something similar, :)
I've got all my cards kept too.Loads of them.Great idea.
Cass xxx
What a brilliant idea. I hold onto cards for years and years, never look at them and then throw them away. If I copy your idea I might even look at them.
That's a great idea. Deb x
Great idea, thanks for that.
So many cards tucked away, now I can go and fimd them :)
That's lovely, what a fantastic idea.
What a wonderful idea, such a lovely way to keep the sentiment of the card with out having a huge pile of cards in the back of the cupboard. very pretty!!
Loving your Blog Debbie... You have made some really lovely creations and have left me feeling very inspired! i particularly like this idea and must give it a go,
x Tara
This is a great idea, I have piles of cards too, perhaps I'll give this a go sometime! x
Post a Comment