The fence denotes the boundary for the children but not for the wildlife. This weekend we have seen a huge variety of bugs! Some of the children ran screaming, while others named the huge moth which was sitting on their door. For some reason they called it Humphrey!! There were also dragonflies and enormous beetles! Lovely!!!
The centre is opposite the car ferry terminal - handy for travelling, but a little annoying at night, as you can hear them arriving! You can also hear lots of clanking on windy nights!
On the horizon you can see Portsmouth. In the days before the Spinnaker Tower we used to be able to kid them that they were looking at France, but now the landmark is too easily recognisable!
Low tide! Even at high tide the water isn't very deep - which is a good thing when you have 40 children out on dragon boats! I'm so much happier when the return to dry land!!
I have been reliably informed by one of the girls that when it is windy, the reeds are the best place to fish!
(Have just looked at this post in real life and not in Blogger preview and it looks awful! That's the last time I try to put writing round medium sized pictures!)
6 comments:
Woohoo! The good old days!!!! As you can see I am getting better with my sleep pattern! It looks fab in your photos, are you going to show the cat and rabbits we met too?
I think the clanking is worse than the ferries arriving. At least the noise stops for a while!
I think the fence is so the adults can stop escaping. lol.
Great looking photos.
Fab photos - TFS X
LOL, The blog looks fine to me. Beautiful photos too.
Gorgeous photos Debs.Looks like you had a great time. I've got an award for you.Check my blog for details.
Cass xxx
Fab photos! i reconize where you were staying and i know what you mean about the sound of the ferry's at night :) thankfully the weather wasn't all wet for you.
Post a Comment