Monday, May 12

Limerick Day

Today is the anniversary of the birthday of Edward Lear (1812 - 1888). The Limerick form of poem was popularised by him in his 'Book of Nonsense' in 1846.
Here is my attempt!!
There was a young scrapper from Surrey
Who made her layout in a hurry
She was covered in glue
And sticky dots too
So she gave up and went for a curry!
If you feel the muse flowing then please leave me your own, or your favourite, limerick in the comments!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Afraid I am no good at lymerics but your did make me laugh ;)

Shirley said...

I am noe good at them either but loved reading yours :) lol

Kazza said...

There was a young girl from the Lakes,
Who liked to eat huge cream cakes,
She was told to stop,
Or else she might pop,
So instead she ate chocolate flakes.

Sorry that was all I could come up with LOL!
xx Karen