Saturday, May 31

Altered vision

The Rainbow Lady challenge for this week has been set by guest designer Ann at Spirit of Creativity. 

A FACELIFT FOR AN OLD FRIEND.
'For this challenge I’d like you to use a favourite rubber stamp or image that you tend to turn to quite often – but in a way that is new to you. You can try something you have seen someone else do as long as it’s the first time you personally use the stamp/image in the way you choose. If you usually use it as a main image how about a background or vice versa? Maybe just use part of it or alter it in some way?'

As a non stamper with a limited collection of stamps - most of which are Christmas - I was a little stuck! I delved into the stamp drawer and came out with a border stamp which I quite liked but had actually never used. It became an unused old 'friend' as I would look at it and then do something else because I couldn't really get to grips with how to use it. 
If I do stamp anything it is always a card, so I tried to think of something else to do with it and remembered something I'd seen on another blog - a spectacles case. (Sorry, I don't know where I saw it, but if it was you - thanks for the idea)
As a reluctant glasses wearer, my glasses do spend most of their life in their boring black case, sitting by the side of my bed. Ah ha! I thought - decorate the glasses case and use the stamp, so that is what I did. The case is certainly an old friend as I have had it for years so it deserved a facelift!!
I stamped the image on purple card and coloured with Sakura gel pens. I then stuck the card to the case and added ribbons and sparkly flowers.

(Whoops! A bit of a wonky photo but you get the idea!)

9 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

A glasses case to be proud of. Very clever interpretation of the challenge.

Rainbow Lady said...

What a very good idea Debz and you have made a lovely job of it. So pretty. Thanks for playing
Love Cynthia x

Ann Whitfield said...

I think this is brilliant! It's really lovely and a fantastic interpretation of the challenge - thanks for taking part
Ann x

Unknown said...

What a fab idea - and the detail and colour you got in your stamped image on an uneven surface is absolutely fabulous - come on .... buy some more rubber - you know you want to :0)

Sandy said...

Wow this is fabulous. Great.

misteejay said...

Now that sure is pretty.

Toni :o)

Cass said...

What a fab idea.Gorgeous stamp too.

Cass xxx

Inspiration Alley said...

Beautifully done, would never know that you rarely stamp.

Unknown said...

Very impressive - I am a non-stamper with a lots of stapms as well, and I get v nervous using them!
Donna