Saturday, May 3

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

As I was having a clear out of my (s)crap room yesterday I came across some scrapbooks I made as a child. These were 'proper' scrapbooks - made of sugar paper and full of acid and lignin and all those other nasties which wreck our photos and cuttings. The first one was full of random pictures cut from old calendars, cut up Christmas cards and pictures of the TV and pop stars of the moment. If I tell you that among the pictures are 'The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band', 'The Nigel Brooks Singers', Richard Bradford and Sandra Gough, many of you may be asking "WHO??" I know I am!! Suddenly the importance of dates and journalling are evident. I have no idea when the scrapbook was made, or why I chose such a bizarre range of people to scrap. There was nothing of me in that album (unless you count the fact that I must have been a weird child!).
Anyway, here for your delectation and delight are some shots of that first scrapbook. For those of you of a certain age, you may recognise some of these stars from the 60's, the rest of you can look them up on the internet! 
Happy scrapping!

4 comments:

Charlol said...

Happy national scrapbooking day too. And yes I did say who and I thought I knew most of the 60's bands????
You have come a long way from the oldy scrap days!!! I have one like that made for me by my nan when we spent the week in thanet with her and growly grandad. All I can say is where are the straight lines (see I always get around to the point)????

Inspiration Alley said...

I love it when I find something like your scrapbook, it brings back so many happy memories. Happy NSD to you too.

x Rachel x said...

Happy NSD to you, love your scrapbook, (yes i think you were a weird child! LOL!!) there are some very random things in there!
just kidding, what a fab thing to have, x

Rainbow Lady said...

Yes I know most of them too. Shows how old I am then.
I found an old one of mine which had almost dropped to bits and there was a programme with the Rolling Stones at the bottom of the list in very tiny writing, bottom of the bill dated 1963!!

Love Cynthia x